We provide Simple Solutions™ tips and recipes for food freshness!
Cranberry Orange Bread
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 large egg
1 cup orange juice
1 cup chopped cranberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 Tbsp. grated orange rind
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and orange juice alternately to sugar mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in cranberries, chopped nuts and orange rind.
- Pour into well-greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350º F for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap in Saran
™ Wrap and store at room temperature.
Slices of homemade bread make great gifts! Wrap individual slices up with Saran
, tie top with a ribbon and share with family and friends.